Eco Egg - About, FAQ's, Benefits & Key Ingredients
THE ECO EGG STORY:
- Founded in 2008, Ecoegg has built its success on providing innovative and effective, laundry and cleaning products to both the UK market and worldwide. Our hero product is the ecoegg Laundry Egg which is a complete replacement for laundry detergent and fabric conditioner but works without the use of harmful chemicals. Our Laundry Egg contains mineral pellets that lift away dirt without fading colours or leaving chemical residue on clothing.
- Perfect for even the most delicate of skins, both the ecoegg Laundry Egg and ecoegg Dryer Eggs have held Allergy UK’s ‘Allergy Friendly Product’ award since 2011. We are proud of our Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Innovation which we were awarded in 2016 plus our New Product award from The Grocer in 2020.
LAUNDRY EGG:How does it work?
- Firstly, we recommend cleaning your machine with an ecoegg Detox Tablet so that any residue from previously used detergents or fabric conditioners are cleaned away.
- Then, simply open your Laundry Egg and fill the larger half of the egg with the two types of mineral pellets. Close your egg so that it ‘clicks’ and place it in your washing machine on top of your laundry.
- The mineral pellets work together in the water to effectively draw dirt from your clothing fibres and soften your clothes leaving your laundry clean and fresh without using harmful chemical laden detergents. The mineral pellets in the ecoegg Laundry Egg are perfect for people with sensitive skin, are non-biological and do not contain any petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics. You’ll need to replace your mineral pellets after approximately 2 months of use (this time frame will depend on whether you have the initial 70 wash egg or 50 wash refills, how often you put a wash on and the machine wash cycle you choose.)
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg was originally developed for people with sensitive skin. It has been dermatologically tested on people with sensitive skin and given the result of ‘excellent.’ The mineral pellets contain no harmful chemicals. We are so proud to have worked with Allergy UK to hold their ‘Allergy Friendly Product’ award’ for the Laundry Egg which gives customers confidence and trust in our product.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg helps to reduce your single-use plastic use. Once you’ve used your Laundry Egg for around 70 washes, you can buy Refill Laundry Egg Pellets which allow you to use the egg over and over again.
- If you switch from liquid detergent and fabric conditioner to a Laundry Egg you can save up to 40* bottles of plastic each year. (*Based on 7 washes a week and 18 wash bottles.) We are proud to have been awarded the Good Housekeeping Institute’s ‘Getting Greener’ accreditation that recognises our efforts towards sustainability and reducing plastic.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg is suitable for vegans and is cruelty-free. Made without any testing or cruelty to animals, and without any animal derivatives, the ecoegg Laundry Egg is suitable for use by vegans.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg is also suitable for handwashing. Simply place the egg to soak in water for 5-10 minutes then handwash as normal. The Laundry Egg must not be used above 60 degrees Celsius.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg is cost effective. Not only is the Laundry Egg kind to your skin, it is also kind to your pocket, costing just 14p per wash or 10p per wash when you buy the refills.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg case comes with a 10 year guarantee.
- Wash Countdown Chart Download our Wash Countdown Chart
- Laundry Egg Instructions Instructions for use
KEY INGREDIENTS:Ecoegg Detox Tablet: WARNING!
- 7g per tablet
- Sodium Carbonate
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Risk of serious damage to eyes.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Wear eye protection.
- If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this label.
- 5-15% anionic surfactants.
- 15-30% non-ionic surfactants.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- IF IN EYES, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rising.
- Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling.
TUMBER DRYER EGG:What are the benefits of the ecoegg Dryer Eggs?
Not only do the Dryer Eggs dry your clothes more quickly but they also soften and gently fragrance your laundry whilst being kind to your skin. The natural fragrance oils contained in the Fresh Linen and Spring Blossom fragrance sticks add a delicate scent to your laundry, or you can opt for a Fragrance Free version
- Because we keep the fragrance levels low, the Dryer Eggs are hypoallergenic and kind to skin. We are so proud to have worked with Allergy UK to get their ‘Allergy Friendly Product Award’ for the ecoegg Dryer Eggs which gives customers confidence in our product. If you prefer to use products that contain no perfume, we also have Fragrance Free Dryer Eggs.
- The Dryer Eggs help to separate your laundry so that more air can circulate, drying each item more quickly. The nodules on the eggs are designed to help soften your clothes naturally so there is no need to use fabric softener. Simply put them in the tumble dryer drum with your washing and they’ll do their magic!
- The ecoegg Dryer Eggs come in matching fragrances to the ecoegg Laundry Egg – Fresh Linen, Spring Blossom and Fragrance Free and so are perfect to use to dry, soften and fragrance your laundry after using the Laundry Egg.
- Dryer Egg instructions for use - Download from this link
Shop: Eco Egg