Brand Focus: The Beeswax Wrap Co. / The Vegan Wrap Co.
‘Buy well, buy once!’ - We fully agree with this, do you?
If like me you have thought about ways to reduce the among of plastic in your life, then you are probably familiar with the idea of food wraps. If not, let me open you up to the idea of these wonderful 'clingfilm' alternatives.
I came across The Beeswax Wrap Co. right from the start which I was sourcing new suppliers and products for my new lifestyle store.
After speaking with friends and family, I too thought that they were quite expensive and not sure whether they would be any good. Well, I was lucky to be sent a sample pack to try. Upon arrival not only did they look amazing in the recycled packaging they also smell great! Yes, I know, an odd thing to say however they had a 'honey' smell to them. It may have just been my association with the wonderful bees, but they felt good, and I just knew that clingfilm could quite easily be replaced.
So, I opened a pack of the Seaside design and was amazed at how sticky they were, but not in a jam like way, just in a reassuring way that made me think they would stick to any container I wanted to cover and more importantly seal on itself.
I soon gave them a trial run wrapping up my children's snacks for school. Saying 'be careful with them' and 'make sure you don't throw them away!'. I wrapped carrots, raisins, sweet treats, and many others healthy (and unhealthy) snacks in them. They also worked brilliantly on sandwiches and I found them to be great on covering big yoghurt pots!
At the end of the day, I was keen to relocate them in the school bags. Phew, they had not been thrown away!
I had read about how best to care for them, there's helpful videos and tips on the company's website, but really, it is just a bit of washing up liquid, warm water and a brush works great. The just pop over the drainer to dry ready for the next day's use. Perfect!
I personally felt like I was doing a good deed for the environment. #proudmoment
So, the conclusion from the product testing is that I had to stock them and share these wonderful plastic free products with my customers. We decided to stock the Seaside, Land, Floral and Beehive collections. All proved extremely popular and soon sold out. We were excited to then see that The Beeswax Wrap Co. had collaborated with some well-known high street brands such as Cath Kidston and Emma Bridgewater. These new collections offer the option to add to your exiting design theme. The wraps would match alongside your favourite oven gloves or coffee mug. What a great way to move the products forward. So, we have started stocking a selection of these familiar designs.
Another collaborator was The National Trust. Two seasonal ranges, Autumn and Spring to choose from and a proportion of every sale goes directly back to the NT which helps support their bee conservation work looking after nature, beauty and history for everyone, for ever. We think this is great!
Photo: Wimpole Hall, NT (one of my favourite places to visit!)
It is fair to say that we are proud to stock this eco conscious brand!
Here's some more reasons why we love this company...
- Award Winning 'Housewares Innovations Awards 2020’
- Handcrafted in Britain.
- They have a great link to their 'Makers & Materials' showing the customer clearly about where and how the products are made.
- The beeswax is sourced from local beekeepers, usually only 20 miles radius to their Cotswold studio.
- Reusable & rewaxable
- Natural self-sealing properties. Just use the warmth of your hands to mould them together.
- They only use GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified organic cotton.
- They support great charities including: @sandscharity @surfersagainstsewage@livingwagefoundation @britishbeekeepers
- They are recognised by the Certified B Corporation - Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
- All packaging is recyclable, using organic dyes.